Look for our 75th Anniversary Book and companion CD at our events.
The book includes not only a history of the Port Angeles Symphony, but also interviews with many members of the Board of Directors and the Symphony Orchestra and Music Director / Conductor, Adam Stern.
The CD features 64 minutes of orchestral selections from our 75th Anniversary Year programs, under the direction of Adam Stern.
You may listen to samples on the CD by clicking on any of the three underlined selections below. To help us manage our server space and allow you to listen to these selections as often as you choose, please save each mp3 file to your local computer. To download these files, right click on the link and choose "Save As" (Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As" (Firefox). Download times vary, depending on your Internet connection.
- Offenbach: Overture, "Orpheus in the Underworld", with Kate Dean, violin; Fred Thompson, cello; and Signe Crawford, clarinet
- Dvorak: 2nd movement from Symphony No. 9 in e, with Tara Zink, English horn and Anne Krabill, oboe
- Beethoven: 3rd movement from Piano Concerto No, 4 in G, with Denise Grant, soloist
- Sibelius: The Swan of Tuonela, with Fred Thompson, cello and Anne Krabill, English horn
- Piazzola: 3rd movement from Three Tangos, with Diane Schmidt, accordion
- Dvorak: 4th movement from Symphony No. 9 in e, with Margaret Baker, horn
- Gershwin: Selections from Porgy and Bess Symphonic Suite, with Sharon Snel, flute; Judy Johnson, piccolo; Signe Crawford, clarinet; Anne Krabill, oboe; Beatrice Monohon, bassoon; and Ray Braun, banjo
You may purchase both for $25.00, or each at $15.00. Proceeds help support the everyday expenses of the Symphony.
Please call or e-mail Mark Wendeborn at the Symphony office for information on how to purchase one or both of these outstanding items.